Durga Puja Parikrama – At your fingertips with Android app
Durga Pujo in Kolkata | Image Source
Durga Puja is undoubtedly the biggest festival of Bengal, transcending caste, creed and religion. It is a celebration of Bengal’s art, unity and spirit of revelry. One cannot get enough of this experience for just 4 days. And if you stay outside Bengal, you will never be able to fathom this experience of a life time.
The lights, pandals, chaos on the streets, hyper-active Kolkata Police, food, and above all the spirit of togetherness – these define Durga Puja in the truest of terms. Sadly, for Probashis (and Bengal-lovers who cannot visit Kolkata during Pujo) often give this opportunity a miss because of the physical distance.
In this age of 24X7 internet, technology helps us bridge the gap. I want to congratulate Ajay Pandey of AncileTech Solutions Pvt Ltd. For coming up with the interactive Android app for Durga Puja Parikrama.
The app will help you to:
- Find out location and other details of Durga Puja Pandals around
- Check ratings and comments by other users
- Check the pictures of the Durga Puja pandal uploaded by other visitors.
- Search Durga Puja pandal by popularity or traditionally well-known.
- Create a wishlist of pandals
- Share which Durga Puja pandals you have visited on social network.
- Upload your picture, make your comment or rate a Durga Puja Pandal you visited.
- Get important news and updates from Kolkata Police and WB Government.
Although I am not a tech-literate person to go into the nitty-gritties of the app, I must say I found it very user-friendly, well-designed and informative. Although I will not be in Kolkata for Pujo, I will surely check what other users are saying.
Happy Durga Pujo! Happy pandal-hopping!
Posted on September 29, 2014, in kolkata, Personal Musings and tagged AncileTech Solutions Pvt Ltd, android, durga, Durga Puja Parikrama, durga pujo, Kolkata, mobile app. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.