Thank you for the Liebster Blog Award
I know I am almost late by a month, but thanks Assem for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. Those who do not know what this means, the ‘Liebster Blog Award’ is a online award given to bloggers by bloggers. A German word, Liebster means beloved.
Assem Rastogi is an avid blogger, and winner of various blogging competitions held across platforms 😛 “Published author – Down the Road & Minds @ Work. Book reviewer. Consultant. Highly Opinionated Soul” says his Twitter bio, further. He blogs at Transition of thoughts.
- Thank the people who have nominated you for this one and post a link to their blog
Display the award in your blog by including it as an image in the post or a widget
Answer the 11 questions given to you by the one who nominated you
Nominate 11 deserving bloggers (those who have less than 1000 followers)
Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer
Once they have been tagged, keep them informed about the same and also provide a link to the post.
1. What product (eg: a book, pen, paper etc.) would you associate your personality to and why?
Me: If you had asked me this question even two years earlier, I would have undoubtedly said a book. But now my answer would be a tablet. Not the medicinal one. I am no tech geek or a gadget fanboi, but my life dwells around my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 now. It is a part of my personality.
2. What’s the craziest thing you have done at school? Or were you a very nice and sweet little child?
Me: In school, we used to have zero periods for the preparation of Annual Day. In Class IX, we had an off rehearsals one day while most other groups were practicing. I shuffled the bags of all classmates. No one had a clue. Everyone was puzzled. There was utter chaos. It was fun.
3. Describe the feeling of blogging in one word?
4. If you were packed off to Tristan Da Cunha (famous as the loneliest island in the world), who would you prefer to be with? Or would you be alone? And why?
Me: I would prefer to take my laptop/tab but sigh, no electricity.
5. What is the best and the worst thing you have heard about your blog?
Me: The Best: In 2010, my blog was featured by India Today among the Top 5 Upcoming youth blogs in Calcutta
The Worst: Every time I write something political, a flood of troll mentions pour in… Latest being the #Hokkolorob tamasha where I got death threats.
6. Life as a bed of roses or life full of obstacles, you prefer?
Me: Bed of roses… because roses have thorns too 🙂
7. Any specific book / movie which has shaped the journey of your life?
Me: Pather Panchali (the novel) has always been an inspiration. Among movies, Rituparno Ghosh’s films have inspired me… I always aspire to be a story-teller like him.
8. If you have just been announced as the winner of ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’, what would you do with the money?
Me: Splurge on food, travel and books 😀
9. What’s that one dream which if fulfilled will give a new meaning to your life?
Me: I am already in my dream job… Let’s see if my aspirations are fulfilled.
10. What is the most exciting thing you have ever done (or you want to do)?
Me: I want to try scuba diving, visit Great Barrier Reef and go for paragliding….
11. Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
Me: I am an optimist, but I have started taking things with a pinch of salt. More of a realist, I would say.
And now my questions:
- If you could choose one name for yourself, what would it be?
Describe your life in one word.
If you could ask God for one wish, who would you wish for?
If life through lemons and organges at you, which one would you pick up and why?
Satyajit Ray or Sunny Leonne? Be honest.
How has your blog made a difference, even if in a small way?
Do you support #KissOfLove?
Given a chance, you would contest polls, even if for local bodies?
One image/picture/photo you will always cherish?
One childhood item you will never part with?
Rohit Shetty or Farah Khan? 😛
Hope you have fun answering these questions 😀 Happy Blogging 😀